We are excited to announce Green Baseball Softball Federation and Green Little League (GLL) have agreed to partner and finally be playing ball together as one community this Fall!
More details will follow, but in its simplest form, GLL will manage all players in Green for T-Ball and Coach Pitch baseball, GBSF will manage all softball, kid pitch and older baseball. This separation in ages will take what each organization did best and expand that to the entire community. We will align our efforts from both organizations going forward with the end goal of a complete unification in the future. We hope you share our excitement about this first step !
Some immediate benefits of this partnership will be:
1) Eliminates the negativity associated with division between two leagues.
2) Presents a single youth baseball & softball program within the community.
3) Simplifies the registration decision criteria using a single GBSF website.
4) Provides a more efficient field scheduling process.
5) Delivers a single in-house umpire organization for the entire program.
6) Adds enough teams for more in-house play
7) Pools talent from both organizations to create more competitive travel teams.
8) Creates a unified coach training process - no wasted duplication of effort.
9) Maximizes coaching resources (Positive Coaching Alliance, training, etc.)
10) Unifies our voice to the city as we call for expanded facilities and improvements.
You can also like us on Facebook and follow GBSF on Twitter at GBSF_GreenOH
GBSF turned 60 with the 2018 season! For 60 years the organization has served the community and tens of thousands of youth. We are proud to be the most established youth organization in Green and continue to strive to set the standard for building character through athletics. We are also proud to be the ONLY youth program now in the community that has partnered directly with the Positive Coaching Alliance and that requires ALL Baseball & Softball Head Coaches to become PCA Certified. You can have confidence when you choose GBSF that the Positive Coaching Alliance principles will be upheld for players, and coaches! GBSF is also the only organization to provide baseball and softball for ages 4 to 18 in Recreational, All Star, and Travel teams. EVERYTHING in one, long established organization! No fundraisers either, just register and play ball!
The Battle for Jordyn is a two game friendly to honor Jordyn Myers, who has played at times with the Ohio Lightning Organization. Jordyn lost her battle with Leukemia in 2018, just a short few weeks after being diagnosed. Many of you know the Myers family and Jordyn specifically. Jordyn’s parents have started the 33 JORDYNSTONG Foundation to provide help and hope for families of children fighting leukemia. This year all proceeds of the friendly will go to the 33 JORDYNSTRONG Foundation to help with their mission of helping those families who have been battling leukemia. The friendly will consist of community as well as travel teams who are coming out to "Battle for Jordyn." The friendly will be held in Jordyn's home town of Jackson at North Jackson Park, if your team is not playing you can still stop by and show your support by purchasing t-shirts and watching a game or two.
Greensburg and East Liberty fields are closed.
The 2019 travel baseball tryout dates for the 2020 season are now posted. Please click on the More+ tab above and select Travel!